We recognise that our pupils may have increased access to the internet, as they spend more time at home and as they access our Online Teaching and Learning Programme. We would therefore recommend the following guidelines:
- Where possible, please ensure that you have the appropriate security settings in place on the various devices that your children will be using.
- We will be treating the online environment as part of the school day. Children should be aware of their use of language and ensure that they behave appropriately whilst online at all times. At the beginning of the session the teacher will set out some ground rules for how each session will run.
- Please be vigilant about the websites that your children are visiting. You may need to check their work as well as having a good understanding of the tasks that they are undertaking.
- We ask that parents supervise online sessions in an appropriate manner.
- If your child is unwell or unavailable at the time of their assigned session, please let their form teacher know.
- Ensure that they have adequate breaks from devices. Where possible, children will be set a wide variety of tasks by staff to encourage the use of mediums other than electronic devices.
Our school safeguarding policy remains in place and if you have any concerns of a safeguarding nature then please contact the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead: Gareth Jackson – email@example.com
Safer Schools App
We would also recommend you download the Safer Schools App which provides a wealth of support and guidance relating to safeguarding, E-Safety and Wellbeing. Once you have downloaded the app enter the code 7740 for parental access.