What you can expect from our school
• A continuation of an excellent and robust curriculum.
• Online and offline learning activities.
• Continued high-quality pastoral care.
• Regular communication from the school and teachers.
What we expect from our pupils
• Commitment to take part in all online learning and continue to work hard.
• Willingness to step out of their comfort zone, especially when things are different or not straight forward.
How you can help your child
Family comes first and must be your priority. You are not expected to be your child’s teacher. Please do contact the school if you are struggling with the work that has been set.
It would be helpful to provide a dedicated work-space for your child along with the following equipment: IT device, headphones (for maximum concentration) notebook, exercise books, pen, pencil, colouring pencils, maths equipment, ruler and reading book.
Stick to a routine where possible. It may be helpful to print out a copy of your family timetable and how the school day will fit into it.
Recognise the need for regular breaks for your children. Help your child to eat healthily. Encourage children to keep in contact with their friends. Enable children to be punctual for any live sessions.
During academic learning, the focus should be entirely on schoolwork sessions, therefore apps/tabs that are not relevant to academic learning should be closed and mobile phones put away.
Keep communicating with us – if there is something that needs addressing or you feel that we could be doing something a little better, please do let us know.