"A school should not be a preparation for life. A school should be life." - Elbert Hubbard
- The aim of Breaside is to provide high quality all round education for a fee that is competitive in the independent sector.
- The school endeavours to provide a challenging and stimulating environment necessary for outstanding academic achievement in the local selective 11+ examinations and in selection examinations for independent secondary schools.
- The school aims to foster a caring atmosphere in which pupils and teachers are aware of and are sympathetic to the needs of others.
- The school aims to encourage all pupils to become responsible individuals who can work together, co-operatively and with respect for their peers.
- The school endeavours to offer a wide range of opportunities for all pupils to develop self-confidence and a sense of responsibility, so that children are well prepared for the challenges that they will face in life.
- "The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives"
- Robert Maynard Hutchins
- "A school should not be a preparation for life. A school should be life."
- Elbert Hubbard
- "If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he or she learns to find love in the world."